By accessing or visiting our Web site, communicating with us (by any means) or agreeing to receive e-mail from us, you agree to the terms of this Policy.
If you have any questions, concerns or comments regarding our handling of your personal information or this Policy, please do not hesitate to contact our Privacy Officer by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We have developed and implemented internal policies and procedures designed to provide adequate protection of the personal information in our possession and we review these on a regular basis;
- We educate our employees about the importance of protecting personal information and we provide them with training on this topic;
- We take reasonable measures to ensure that our agents, partners, representatives, and other external organizations that the Orchestre Métropolitain deals with comply with this Policy (e.g., PdA, Duceppe, Les Grands Ballets Canadiens, Opéra de Montréal) (collectively, the “Resident Companies”), Danse Danse and Festival de Lanaudière, as well as other producers presenting concerts or events (collectively, the “Event Providers”), ticket issuing and delivery services, payment processors, parking services, data treatment and storage companies);
- We have a dedicated employee responsible for privacy issues.
For the purposes of this Policy, “Personal Information” refers to any information about an individual that could, directly or indirectly, allow them to be identified, such as a street or e-mail address, telephone number, or any financial information.
We collect, use and disclose your personal information as necessary to provide our Services to you, with your consent, or as permitted or required by law. How we obtain your consent will depend on the circumstances, as well as the sensitivity of the information collected. Subject to applicable laws, your consent may be express or implied, depending on the circumstances and the sensitivity of the personal information in question. If you choose to provide personal information to us, we assume that you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of that information as outlined in this Policy.
Typically, we will seek your consent at the time your personal information is collected. Where we want to use your personal information for a purpose not previously identified to you at the time of collection, we will seek your consent prior to our use of such information for this new purpose.
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time by contacting us using the contact information provided in the “Contact Us” section below. Before we implement the withdrawal of consent, however, we may require proof of your identity. In some cases, withdrawal of your consent may mean that we will no longer be able to provide you with certain Services.
If you provide personal information about another individual to us, it is your responsibility to obtain the consent of that individual to enable us to collect, use and disclose their information as described in this Policy.
Depending on the circumstances, here are some types of personal information that we may collect about you:
- When you purchase a ticket to a concert or event, online at the box office or by phone, we may collect: your name and language of correspondence; contact information such as your telephone number and your physical and e-mail address; payment method information (including your payment card number, expiry date and CVV code);
- Information related to your reservation of a concert or event ticket, parking or any other Services; your date of birth; your interests and preferences for arts and culture activities;
- When you contact us by phone, e-mail or using an online form, we may collect: your full name, e-mail address, phone number, mailing address, the nature of your request and any other information that you provide us with;
- When you subscribe to our newsletter, we may collect: your e-mail address and full name;
- When you complete a survey, we may collect: your full name, e-mail address, appreciation of the concert or webcast, interests, sources of information, occupation, date of birth, mode of transportation;
- When you create a customer account, we may collect: your e-mail address, full name, country of residence and postal code;
- When you connect to our Site, we may collect: your e-mail address;
- When you make a donation in support of our organization or another non-profit organization presenting a concert or event in one of our halls, we may collect: your full name, e-mail address, the amount of the donation, payment method information (including your payment card number, expiry date and CVV code);
- When you request information about or reserve one of our halls to produce an event, we may collect: your full name, the name of your company, your website address, your position title, your office and mobile phone numbers, your physical and e-mail address; information about your event;
- When you apply for a position, we may collect: your full name, physical and e-mail address, phone number, level of education, gender, marital status, whether you belong to a particular group (for equal access purposes), the résumé and presentation letter that you send;
We collect your personal information by various methods through our points of contact (call centre, box office, Site and social networks), especially when you book and purchase a ticket for a concert or an event, donate to our organization or to another non-profit organization, purchase or use an Ancillary Service, contact customer service, complete a survey or react on our social media accounts or to messages that we send you by e-mail.
We use your personal information primarily:
- To finalize reservation or purchase transactions when you buy a ticket for a concert or an event presented by an Event Provider or by PdA, or other Ancillary Services offered by PdA;
- To determine and verify your identity;
- To respond to your requests for information, manage your customer account and deliver the Services purchased;
- For marketing, market analysis and survey purposes;
- To target your needs, interests and preferences;
- To inform you of concerts, events, Ancillary Services, benefits, products and goods that may be of interest to you;
- To control the quality of our customer service and to prevent fraud;
- For any other purpose as required or permitted by law
Place des Arts acts as a ticketing service for Orchestre Métropolitain. Therefore, when reserving or purchasing tickets, subscriptions and packages, the user acknowledges that Place des Arts transmits to Orchestre Métropolitain the personal information he or she has shared. Orchestre Métropolitain, as part of its ticketing management and in connection with the holding of these concerts and events, may exceptionally, in certain circumstances, transmit some of your personal information to certain of its suppliers of services or ancillary products related thereto (parking, packages, ticket delivery, etc.), and these suppliers may contact you directly to inform you of notices related to concerts or ancillary services or products purchased by you or promotional offers.
In addition, when you make a reservation or purchase, by telephone, at the box office or via the Internet, some of your personal information is collected in a customer account that is shared between Orchestre Métropolitain, Place des Arts and its other resident companies (Opéra de Montréal, Les Grands Ballets Canadiens and Compagnie Jean Duceppe) and its associated companies (Danse Danse, Festival de Lanaudière) in order to facilitate the management of your future purchases of tickets, ancillary services and donations thereto. PdA and its resident and associated companies have implemented measures to protect the confidentiality of your personal information and the various transactions carried out in your customer account.
Orchestre Métropolitain is not responsible for the use and disclosure of personal information that you provide directly to third-party suppliers and cannot be held responsible for the policies, procedures and practices of such suppliers with respect to the protection of personal information.
Before disclosing personal information to a third party, we require by contract that said third party take appropriate precautions to protect that information. In such cases, we take steps to ensure that the rules set out in this Policy are followed, and require that service providers maintain the confidentiality and security of your personal information. We also require that they use your personal information only for the limited purposes for which it was provided. When our service providers no longer need your personal information for those limited purposes, we require that they dispose of the personal information.
We do not authorize the service providers to disclose your personal information to unauthorized parties or to use your personal information for their direct marketing purposes. If you would like more information about our service providers, please contact us using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
Additionally, we may use and disclose your information when we believe such use or disclosure is permitted, necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce the terms of the agreements for our products and services; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or those of you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. In addition, we may transfer your personal information and other information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, brands, or other assets.
We will use, disclose or retain your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which that personal information was collected and as permitted or required by law. If you would like more information on the periods during which your personal information will be kept, please contact us using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
We have implemented a combination of material, organizational and technological means to ensure the confidentiality of the personal information that we hold, to protect such information against loss or theft and to prevent any unauthorized access, transmission, reproduction, use or amendment thereof.
Only our employees or suppliers who need to access your personal information in the course of their duties will have access to it. These employees have been trained to handle such information properly and in accordance with our security protocols and strict standards of confidentiality. We will deploy industry-standard efforts to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration, or destruction of information.
Despite the measure outlined above, no method of information transmission or information storage is 100% secure or error-free, so we unfortunately cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any information that you provided to us has been compromised), please contact us immediately using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
Your personal information is hosted on the Google Cloud instance, whose servers are located in the United States, Europe and Canada, as well as on the Prodon instance, hosted locally, and in the Place des Arts Archtics database, hosted locally. Your first name, last name and e-mail address are also stored in the TicketMaster environment to enable unified log-in to the Ticketmaster ecosystem. A copy of the Archtics and Prodon databases are also stored in the Dialog Insight instance (CDP), hosted in Europe (Paris) and Canada (Montreal). In addition, your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where third-party service providers such as Google are employed. By using the website, you consent to the transfer of information to countries other than your country of residence. Privacy laws may differ from country to country and, when located outside of Canada, such information is subject to the laws of the country in which it is located and may need to be disclosed to the governments, courts, law enforcement or regulatory agencies of that country in accordance with the laws of that country.
Upon written request and subject to proof of identification, you may consult the personal information that we have collected, used or shared, as required or permitted by law, and/or ask that it be corrected.
You may also withdraw your consent to our disclosure or use of personal information collected.
Accessing the personal information contained in your file and rectifying such personal information is free of charge. However, a small fee may be required, upon notice from us, to cover the costs of processing such requests (e.g., the cost of photocopies).
If you do not provide the required personal information, we will not be able to create your customer account in order to enable you carry out a transaction by phone or online, and you will have to come to our box office to complete your future purchase of tickets or Ancillary Services, or to make your donation in cash.
If you would like to close an existing costumer account, you must contact us by phone or as indicated below under “Contact Us.”
As applicable, you may be entitled to additional rights, including as a resident of the European Union, particularly under the GDPR, including: (i) the right to withdraw consent to processing where consent is the basis of processing; (ii) the right to object to unlawful data processing, under certain conditions; (iii) the right to erasure of personal information about you, under certain conditions; (iv) the right to demand that we restrict processing of your personal information, under certain conditions, if you believe that we have exceeded the legitimate basis for processing, that processing is no longer necessary, or that your personal information is inaccurate; (v) the right to data portability of personal information concerning you that you provided us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, under certain conditions; (vi) the right object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you, under certain conditions. To learn more about your rights under the GDPR, visit the European Commission’s page on Data Protection.
Under certain specific circumstances, we can refuse to provide the requested information to you, notably if the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, if it would be extremely costly to provide the information requested, or if the information contains references to other individuals, cannot be disclosed for legal, security or business proprietary reasons, has been obtained during the course of an investigation of a potential breach of contract or to prevent or detect fraud, or is subject to lawyer-client or judicial privilege.
You also have the right to file a complaint with data protection authorities.
This Policy applies only to our products and services. It does not extend to any websites or products or services provided by third parties. We do not assume responsibility for the privacy practices of such third parties, and we encourage you to review all third-party privacy policies prior to using third-party websites, products or services.
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related e-mail from us, you may opt out of receiving such e-mail by selecting the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any e-mail message you receive from us. Alternatively, if you created an online account when you registered to receive our e-mail messages, you may log in to that account and make changes to your communication preferences. You may also opt out by contacting us directly using the contact information in the “Contact Us” section below.
We will endeavour to respond to your opt-out request promptly, but we ask that you please allow us a reasonable time to process your request. Please note that if you opt out from receiving marketing-related e-mail, we may still need to send you communications about the use, modification or cancellation of certain of our Ancillary Services that you purchased.
Any comments or questions on this Policy or any access or rectification request concerning your personal information may be addressed, by e-mail or mail, to:
486, Sainte-Catherine St. West, suite 401
Montreal (Quebec), H3B 1A6
514 598-0870, #25
Last update: August 2023